Saturday, December 16, 2023

The Twelve Posts of Christmas - Day Three: The Author With A Billion Kindle Unlimited Reads and 9.5 Million Books Sold

Just to say right, the billion reads on Kindle Unlimited does not refer to my book. I wish! No, it refers to a tweet I came across on Twitter X yesterday (I'm still going to call it a tweet regardless of what Elon says). 

Here's the tweet.

That is over one billion reads, which is remarkable. Even at the fraction of a penny that Amazon pay per page, that has to be a decent return.

She has also sold 9.5 million books.

I then came across the post of another author who put up some impressive figures for her book that was written in just four weeks. It had sold 6,881 copies with a further 3,507,664 page reads in Kindle Unlimited. I replied with the following comment.

In a world where many authors put up details of zero sales and reads on Kindle Unlimited, and I know what that feels like, these examples show that it is possible to have success. Big numbers may be rare, but they do happen. 

I wonder what the secret is?

How do you reach the reader on Kindle Unlimited?

Answers on a postcard to…

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment